RSS Feed Twitter MySpace Facebook Digg Flickr Delicious YouTube

ADVICE: LEARN TO READ!!!

Home Forums Casting ADVICE: LEARN TO READ!!!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Toni Brooks Toni Brooks 15 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sharon Jones
    Sharon Jones

I’ve just seen the ad for the music video and had to post this message. I’m not usually so annoyingly pedantic but as I’ve recently set up my own theatre company, I’m starting to get a taste of just how annoying some replies to stuff you post are…
    Eg the music video ad states very clearly that you have to contact them on the e-mail they provide, no replies will be made otherwise….but three people have posted replies on this site??? I presume they’ve sent off their details to the e-mail stated too, at least I hope they have!
    I have only been acting a couple of years so do not claim to be an expert but as an ex-teacher/librarian, I can’t believe how some people expect to be taken seriously as professionals. I have received a lot of CV’s etc after posting casting notices on this site and several other sites and although there are many good CV’s in content and layout, there are also many baffling ones – from bizarre layouts to spelling mistakes, scruffy ones, irrelevant information or lack of important information…like e-mail addresses and erm…names!
    Sorry, it’s late and I was in need of a rant (also not professonal). I just wanted to say…show as many people as you can your CV for feedback BEFORE sending off to casting directors and read the information supplied correctly before replying.
    Sharon

Profile photo of Toni Brooks
    Toni Brooks

I suppose so but, just in case that is what the posters meant, it would be a shame if the people who have replied via this site don’t get seen.
    Cheers
    Antoinette

Hi Antoniette
    At the risk of being pedantic myself – no preference was expressed as to how people replied to the posting. I think we have to accept that when people ask to be contacted in a certain way, and by a certain date, then that should be respected. If no particular preference is expressed then the situation is much freer.

Profile photo of Toni Brooks
    Toni Brooks

The same thing’s just happened on the latest posting TrashHouse. If you go to the site, then there is a clickable facility which automatically brings up an email. I imagine they would prefer you to use that rather than this board.
    Antoinette

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar