Advice Needed on Choosing an Agency

Home Forums Casting Advice Needed on Choosing an Agency

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sharon Jones

I’m at the stage of applying to agencies mainly for extra work at the moment. ADF seem interested as do Elliott Agency in Lewes. Neither charge a registration fee. However Allsorts have got back to me and said they would like to put me on their books and don’t charge a reg fee BUT charge £100 for a professional digital photo shoot and this includes charge to go in their directory. I need some new photos anyway and will get all photos Allsorts take on a CD in a few weeks.
    I’m reluctant to pay charges but they seem like a kosher agency and one of the big ones at that, providing extras/actors for Eastenders, Holby City & many ads. Does anyone have any ideas, could this be a good investment?
    All constructive advice welcome!
    Sharon Jones

Although I don’t do extra work myself,I have quite a few friends who are involved in that area of the biz, and from what they’ve told me in conversation, it seems that it’s a good idea to register with as many agencies as possible if you want to keep in regular work.
    In regards to paying an agency to appear on their books, I wouldn’t normally reccomend going with them. However, if you need to get some photos done anyway, £100 is roughly the going rate for a set so it would seem to be ok. You should however make absolutely sure that you can use those photos for other publications such as “Spotlight”, as you will require the permission of the photographer to use the photos in such publications.
    Good luck with your career!

Hi Sharon,
    I am currently with FBI, Ray Knight and Ugly agencies. Theere is too much info to write here. If you want to email me my address is sophiegarner@aol.com I will be able to give you some advice. I have 6 years experience in the film industry so I know all the good agencies!
    Sophie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.