forming an exciting film group

Home Forums General forming an exciting film group

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Trevor Jones

My name is Trevor,
    I would like to meet people who are interested in MAKING THE FILM and/or DEVELOPING THE SCRIPT as part of a creative partnership of hardworking and consistent filmmakers.
    I have several low budget and filmable project deas that I would like tto capture on film and edit. I have a mini DV camera, but welcome those of you who can supply their own equipment or expertise also. This invitation is open to all and I woelcome all hands on deck to direct, act, edit and distribute or all the little bits in between.
    I’m prepared to supply my own scripts, organise schedules, locations and catering (plus subsidise transport) for the exchange of person(s) turning up to ‘work’ on weekends for films (or weekdays if this can be arranged in advance). I have three shorts (ready to film) that I would like to use as a starting point to get into the filmmaking process before attempting the features or extended projects.
    If there are suitable feature ideas that can be presented to the group I would like to film:
    a) the opening ten minutes, or
    b) two key scenes pivotal to the story
    with this in mind a fair assessment can be made to either continue with the feature ‘schedule’, edit a trailer or move on to the next idea so that we can build up a back catalogue of work which we can delve into and develop, re-shoot or present in competition or local cinemas (continuation with the same actors, directors should this occur will be priority).
    This proposal is not exclusively set out for myself, I am prepared to enter into this action as pre-agreement with anyone here willing to show the same commitment on their own work. I can not condense all the efforts I have gone into over the last eighteen months to make my own or other peoples films throughout periods of unemployment, moving, illness and sheer despeartion. I can say I do tend to have uber ideas and a long term vision, which means at the time of writing I have:
    – two internet cafe managers interested in editing and supplying locations
    – writers + novelists sending material to adapt
    – three fully functioning websites via 123.reg for a fledgling production company
    – reams of applications and info for funding organisations
    – i also have a ready made business proposal to make films on behalf of registered charities which have already been observed
    If you are still with me and understand my motives or in some way feel similar to a disenfranchised filmmaker or enthusiast fed up with the ‘toff comedy’, ‘period drama’ and ‘cocky gangster’ genres that have infested the British film market please, please, please contact me at:
    reallyironic@hotmail.com
    and we can arrange a meeting to get something going.
    I am a post-graduate, East London based 27 year old, with a little acting experience and a lot of energy and otherly life experiences. Im not here to bend wills or minds, but if you are interested in knocking out films/scripts until you can really call yourself a filmmaker and not afraid to collaborate or co-operate i implore you get in touch!
    reallyironic@hotmail.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.