RSS Feed Twitter MySpace Facebook Digg Flickr Delicious YouTube

Has This Ever Happened To You?

Home Forums General Has This Ever Happened To You?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Phil Cole Phil Cole 15 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Phil Cole
    Phil Cole

Has anybody heard of a company called the South Wales Film Extra’s? For a couple of years, I had realised that I wanted to be and actor, so back in Augest this year, I got out the yellow page, an started to ring every company in there that had anything to do with Background acting (I had heard that itwas a good idea to get some experience before even thinking of approaching an agent). After hearing that they were not looking fo anybody at this time, and that you had to be at least 16 to be on thir books for neally 30 minutes, I found the South Wales Film Commission. I rang them up, and asked if they knew of any companies that were looking for extra’s. He told me that he knew of a good company called the South Wales Film Extra’s. He said that they charged £37.50 for joinig them (that would cover the cost of the photographs), I was told that i could make an appointment, and go down to them, fill out some forms, and has some photos taken with a professonal photographer. Me and my parents were impressed with how the company sounded, so we arranged to go down and see them. We went in, chatted for a bit with the boss, and then went to hae the photos taken with a “professional” photographer. They had a set made up, with a few different stools around the place. I was annoyed when he produced a digital camera, took a few pictures, and said that it was all over. We unhappily paid the £37.50, and left. In their office, they had a laptop with their website on. When i got home, I looked at their website. At the top of the website, it has a note that says that the wesite will be up and running in months time. In Augest, it said it would be working in Sptember, in September in said he end of October, In October it said early November, In Deceber it said in early 2002. Also, they are using the number for the South Wales Film Commission to run heir company. We think that we have been scammed. I was wonering if anybody has had any experience with this company. Their website is http://www.SWFE.co.uk
    I have now researched extra companies, and have found much better 1’s (like 2020 casting) that chrge nothing to join their books.
    Thanks
    Phil Cole

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar