RSS Feed Twitter MySpace Facebook Digg Flickr Delicious YouTube

The Actors Showreel & How to Produce It!

Home Forums Casting The Actors Showreel & How to Produce It!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anonimous Anonimous 13 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Anonimous
    Anonimous

I have just sent out 500 CD ROMs to Casting Directors etc etc. These can be played on a computer that has Microsoft Media 9 Player or on most DVD Players. There were about 7 mins of film & 3 mins of voice overs/pictures (200Mb).
    I did all the work myself. Each CD cost 10p. I went for top quality CD Glossy Labels each costing 11p. The Clear thin Plastic Wallet cost 2p. The Bubble Wrap Envelope cost 8p; then add vat, giving a unit cost of 36p each. Then add postage 2nd class of 21p, which makes a total unit cost of 57p.
    I designed my own labels using a photo manipulation programme. I own a Digital Camcorder with a ‘Firewire’ connection. My computer ‘Motherboard’ has the same connection. I also have a ‘Video Capture’ card in my Computer. I then copied all my Video Clips from my VHS Player to my Camcorder. I then downloaded the ‘Digital’ recording into my Computer, via the ‘Firewire’ connection. I purchased a Video Editing Programme and cut and pasted all my items into one single video with special effects between each clip, which looked very professional. I recorded my ‘voice overs’ from my Hi-Fi through my Digital Voice Recorder, it is better quality than using the computer line in socket, but it costs £160. So, most people would use the line in socket on their computer. I then put in lots of photographs, covering the voice over section, so the viewer can see my pics as well as hear the voice overs. Copying 500 CD’s is slow and labour intensive; but the exercise was very rewarding. Anybody who wants any further info, just let me know; and good luck…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar