Universal extras

Home Forums General Universal extras

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello world,
    Anyone heard of Universal extras ???
    are they kosher ?
    dont seem to want upfront fees etc… sounds ok, but thought I better check with the combined knowledge of UKScreen
    thanks
    Chris M

I would definitely not recommend Universal Extras, their staff are rude, unprofessional and unhelpful and their pay is well below the standard you should expect.
    In one example, I was phoned on Saturday night to commit to a job the following morning. When I queried whether my travel would be covered, I was spoken to as if I’d just asked for a million to do the job. The member of staff actually shouted at me down the phone for twenty minutes, and made me feel about 2 ft tall.
    If you do decide to join, be very careful, and do not be made to feel as though you owe them anything – you don’t. The work they do get is extremely few and far between as well.
    Hope this helps you

Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd expects reliability and professionalism from all its members. The lady in question was offered a job and given all the necessary information including role, location and pay. She was then given time to consider whether she wished to take part. This lady then called back and confirmed that she was available, she was booked in and her details were given to the production company.
    After she knew her details had been given to the production company and everything was set up for filming she decided to call the casting agent direct and request more money, and stated that if this couldn’t happen that she wouldn’t do the job. Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd find this a totally unprofessional work ethic and the lady was removed immediately from Uni-versalEXTRAS Ltd books.
    Extra / SA work is not for everyone. Unlike other agencies, Uni-versalEXTRAS does not make people accept jobs but once they confirm that they can do a job they are expected to stick to their word and act professional at all times.
    For Uni-versalEXTRAS terms and conditions please refer to http://www.universalextras.co.uk for more details.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.