RSS Feed Twitter MySpace Facebook Digg Flickr Delicious YouTube

writer required for proof reading and correcting

Home Forums Writing writer required for proof reading and correcting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Amor Vincit Productions Limited Amor Vincit Productions Limited 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike Smith
    Mike Smith

Hi everybody,
    I’m in the process of writing a screenplay and approaching the end. I’m looking for someone who would work together with me and bring my at times sloppy English translations from German to an English native speaker level. The work would consist of correcting my errors, rephrasing etc in discussion with me.
    I can’t pay you much so probably a student or a beginning writer would be ideal for this job.
    It’s a unique WWII drama about a German soldier torn between his religion and the reality of the war. It would be great if the topic of religion and war interest you but it doesn’t matter.
    I’m living in SW London, you should live in a reasonable commuting distance to Clapham Junction since we have to work together on the text. Obviously your English has to be at native level and you should also be able to send me some pages what you have written so far. If that sounds interesting please reply to this posting.
    Thanks
    Mirek

Profile photo of Phill Gee
    Phill Gee

Hi Mike
    I’ve seen your post regarding help on your screenplay, and am interested. Here’s a bit of info about myself (my credits / cv are also listed here on ukscreen under Phill Gee) in the meantime.
    Apart from the above (i’m a location mamanger / prod coordinator) i also write too and am trying to get a novel published at this time. I have also written a couple of short ghost stories. I have a lot of experience with scripts and have of course read many.
    My English grammar and language are of a high level, although i don’t pocess a degree in English, i know my ability is of a decent level judging by the poor standards of English that seems to be the norm these days, i’m sure you’ve noticed even if you are not British?
    Anyway, times are slow at the moment there doesn’t seem to be much work for freelancers in the industry and therefore i have some time on my hands.
    I live in Stockwell / Brixton so Clapham is nearby for me too.
    If you’d like to talk some more about this, please email me and i’ll send you some of my work.
    Thanks
    Phill Gee

Hi Mirek,
    I am a Christian, and have a very personal interest in all religion, and the difficult choices and dilemma’s that religion can impose upon the believer. I am also fascinated by World War Two, and the somewhat legendary status it is gaining in today’s culture.
    I am an accomplished writer, having previously written several stage plays, five scripts for feature films, a novel, and several short film scripts and short stories. I have also directed two features and two shorts, and know the need to think ahead to the production, and how the story can most effectively be told on a low budget.
    I am not looking for any payment, but I should state that I live in Glasgow, and will therefore not be able to meet up in person to discuss the script. I can easily work on it via email and chat to you about it over the phone.
    Murdo
    [email protected]

Profile photo of Troy Ribeiro
    Troy Ribeiro

Hi Mike,
    Dear Mike,
    I am an Indian, and would be keen to assist you in your endeavour. I have a good command of the English Language and had a fairly basic knowledge of German- which has now got further rusted over the years for not putting my German into practise.
    I could forward you some of my writings, if you could correspond with me at [email protected]
    For your information I live on Finchley Road, Northwest london and I am sure we could meet at a mutually convienient location to further our goal.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Warm regards,
    Troy

I am an experienced author and screenwriter, but this posting interests me as I have been hampered by illness for 2 years and am just starting back on writing. Both religion and war are of geat interest to me as well and I also happen to love “The Junction”. I live 2 stops away on the mainline train. Glad to hear from you if you are not already suited.
    Good luck with your screenplay in any case.
    All best,
    Heather Costello

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar