10AM Management & A1 Models – BBC Investigates

Home Forums Casting 10AM Management & A1 Models – BBC Investigates

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joe Rispoli

(Continued from Hoto Promotions – Have you joined them. Posting below )
    I would also like to mention that BBC South did a programme on 2nd June 2003, regarding an agency called 10AM Management, who the BBC purported was owned by a Jamie Randall. It was also purported that Mr Randall ran a previous agency called A1 Models who also traded from the same address.
    The ‘Inside Out’ editorial is still on the BBC website. Jamie Randall is also the owner of Hoto Promotions. The BBC 2003 Inside Out programme stated on their website:
    http://bbc.net.uk/insideout/south/serie … cams.shtml
    “The Government announced two years ago (2001) that it was going to change the law to stop agencies charging people before they found them work.”
    “This hasn’t happened yet, but the Department of Trade and Industry says the amendments are still planned.”
    Also on the BBC website are testimonials, as below, from people who had paid them an up-front fee:
    Gemma Oakley said “This left me feeling down and put a stop on me progressing my dreams to do modelling.”
    Emma said “I’m sick that this sort of thing goes on, at the time i was young and really though it would take off for me but looking back, i (was) wasting a lot of my savings on it which i now regret and there’s no way i will ever get my hands on that cash again.”
    Val said “We like the others have got a letter through but we have to pay more money. It should not be allowed that people like these get rich from gullible people like us.”
    Lisa said “This company is still going round the country advertising in local newspapers for open days to try to con more unsuspecting members of the public into parting with their hard earned cash.”
    Despite ALL this evidence – the government did not do what it promised to do – from 6th April 2004. Nothing has changed, sadly…
    So when will the BBC highlight this broken promise by the government, by interviewing Gerry Sutcliffe the Department of Trade & Industry Minister???

The basic rule for anyone considering modelling is never to accept upfront fees. No agency recruiting marketable talent needs to charge advance costs. Nevertheless even the leading fashion and commercial agencies have been known to pile on charges after joining from card printing to appearing in useless model directories than no-one ever uses. Cast your net widely and be careful. Always best to check references too.
    Mark, Director CAPE London Models.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.