Horror Film Screenplay Search

Home Forums Writing Horror Film Screenplay Search

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Olive Pictures are pleased to announce the launch of their Horror Film Screenplay Search. An ongoing campaign has begun to discover the best horror screenwriting talent in the country so if you like to be scared as much as we do then we want to hear from you.
    If you have a horror story that has to be told then Olive Pictures is the place for you.
    For more information visit:
    http://www.olivepictures.com

Ron Aberdeen

I would love to submit to you horror scripts as requested, but after reading your release form I have to say I reconsidered.
    Having completed and signed various such forms for both UK and US production companies I’ve never seen one that so blatantly states the writer has no rights over the material they submit to you, when you consider the wording of your clause 2 and clause 3.
    Quote from clause 2:
    “You understand and agree that Olive Pictures’ use of material similar to or identical with the Material or containing features or elements similar to or identical with those contained in the Material will not obligate Olive Pictures to negotiate with you, nor will it entitle you to any compensation of any kind if Olive Pictures determines that it has an independent legal right to use such other material.”
    Quote from clause 3:
    You acknowledge that you are submitting the Material voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust, and that your submission of the Material does not create any confidential.”
    So you get the writer to sign that Olive Pictures has the right to develop a story concept identical with that contained in the Script submitted to you and that they also agree, up front, that the writer should not trust you and has no recall when later it appears you produced an identical story.
    When you consider several major production companies are in legal battles right now over plagiarism your release form really encourages submissions and trust.
    How can you have or create later something that is identical to a submission, particularly when you consider most scripts are normally around twenty thousand words. It’s a mathematical impossibility.
    Please reply as I would like to submit to a UK company and I am interested in knowing more about your company as on IMDb there is a Olive Pictures Inc who are listed with the production of ‘The Invasion’ starting Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig and then there is Olive Pictures (GB) who are listed with the production of Oxbridge Baby – My first DVD.
    I ask because your web site does not mention your past achievements.

dave moore

just a quick question ron..
    You sound like you know what you are doing and you have a pretty impressive cv.
    Just wondered as to why none of your productions appear on IMDB, covent garden productions are there but no films with the titles you put?
    Just curious thats all my man

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.