Looking for good short scripts

Home Forums Writing Looking for good short scripts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Grant

A new year has come, and it’s time to start thinking about what movies to make in 2005 :).
    I’d like to shoot two or three low-budget shorts on HD in the second half of the year for the festival circuit, and before I put in the time to write my own I thought I should this board a try. What I’m looking for is something 30 seconds to fifteen minutes long with limited locations and props (unless it’s things you have access to or which can be created in a computer) and as little dialog as is required to tell the story: editing for other people we often end up cutting half the dialog by the time we’ve finished, so I’d rather start with the right amount and wouldn’t be averse to making a silent movie (in fact, I’d kind of like to make a modern horror movie in the style of the old black-and-white silent films). I don’t really care about genre, but tend towards horror, science fiction and comedy.
    Doesn’t have to be a great script right now provided it’s a good idea with a decent plot, and you’re willing to work with me to turn it into something shootable. No money on offer other than expenses, but I can at least guarantee that if the script is shot it will be finished and you will get a copy.
    If you’re interested, send a basic outline of the script and I’ll look at the full script if it sounds like the kind of thing I’m looking for. On past experience I may get far more replies than I can handle, so apologies in advance if I forget to respond to anyone. Obviously you can check my ukscreen page for my past credits.

I have written a short comedy script set in a
    provincial theatre which is
    constantly disrupted by a singularly annoying member of the audience. Please
    find it attached.
    My movie script Moonquake is in the process of being optioned. See
    http://www.moonquake.co.uk
    My SF/horror audio drama The Barnacled Baby was
    released on CD last year to great acclaim and sales. A sequel is on its way.
    My stage play Bet She’s Not Your Girlfriend was staged last year at the
    White Bear and may be transferring to the National Theatre’s forthcoming
    season at the Deptford Albany.
    I have also written 3 short stories for Big Finish Books.
    As an actor I am currently working in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest at the
    Gielgud Theatre.
    Anthony Keetch

BEN SON

hi i may have some short film scripts that you may want to make into films they are…nuns with guns monkey tennis coma slug on a razor blade…please phone 07786801548 for more info thank benson

Paddy Byrne

Hi, this is a fifteen page script. Here is the synopsis
    This script is about love and confusion. It is about two brothers, John in his late thirties and Daniel in his early forties. John is reasonably successful. He owns and runs his own landscape gardening firm, and is happily married with two children. Daniel is not quite as fortunate as John. Daniel has been getting in and out of trouble since his early teens. Daniel has had problems with his father in his early life, more so than John. This is not explicated in this script but it is implied in the last scene.
    When we pick up the story, Daniel is an impatient in a psychiatric hospital. A phone call from the hospital to John about Daniels behaviour causes John to think that there is no hope of Daniel ever being happy.
    John, fearing the worst, wonders if Daniel would be better off dead. John visits Daniel at the hospital the next day with the intention, albeit undetermined of killing Daniel.
    After he hears Daniel go into a rant, John thinks the time has come to do this terrible thing. Unknown to Daniel, John literally has a knife in his hand ready to plunge it into his brother, when an attractive female patient chats to Daniel.
    This totally causes a positive change to Daniel’s mood. John realises that despite Daniels down days, he has hope, and wishes for things that we all wish for. Without hope we have nothing. Daniel has hope.
    John leaves Daniel at the hospital, realising that, although Daniels life is not as measurably successful as his own, it is indeed a life. And as the title of this script suggests, Where There’s Life there’s hope.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.