Produce my video of a Pacific trip to catch crows?

Home Forums Films Produce my video of a Pacific trip to catch crows?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ben Kenward

I’m a zoology student and I’m about to go on an expedition to New Caledonia (a pacific island) to catch crows. I think this trip has the potential to make a really interesting video diary. The biology of these New Caledonian crows is fascinating (they use tools) but I would like to make a diary which focuses more on the people aspect of the trip. There are three of us going, two students and a research assistent (who is my colleague’s girlfriend). I don’t really know what to expect of our trip – except that it may be difficult to catch the birds (my supervisor went there a few years ago and caught one bird in 5 weeks).
    The problem is I have no real idea about the technical aspects of making a video diary. I have lots of ideas about how I want to go about it (and a digital camera) but about the one thing I have managed to pick up (apart from don’t wobble and don’t use digital zoom) is that it is all to easy to take footage that turns out to be unusable for anything because of amateur mistakes. So I am looking for someone like an editor or producer who can give me some advice before I go, and who might want to edit and produce the footage when we get back.
    I really don’t know where to go next – I have a feeling I should maybe get in touch with a production company, but I have no idea who or why. If you can’t help, maybe you know someone who could?
    Cheers,
    Ben Kenward
    Email me on some1124@ermine.ox.ac.uk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.