Scam 62 taken

Home Forums Casting Scam 62 taken

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Toni Brooks

Hi
    I expect loads of you have received a message from these people saying they’ve seen your profile and offering an audition and also saying it’s not a scam – well it IS. If you want to do a class, then do it with someone who is legit and who doesn’t use subterfuge to get people to sign on for their course.
    Cheers
    Antoinette
    Here’s a note from them to someone on another thread who’s warning people – I was contacted as well:
    I am pleased to inform you that I have read your resume, list of credits and training on the UK Screen website. I will be in London during August casting for my new feature film “62 Taken”. It is an independent feature with private investment, however we are excited to offer you an audition if you are interested. For further details and character breakdowns please let me know ASAP and I can forward them through to you.
    I look forward to hearing from you soon.
    Loren Johnson
    Director – “62 Taken”
    E: loren@pejoentertainment.com
    You get interested, start corresponding and, after a while, the FOLLOWING email arrives:
    Good Morning,
    Lisa Jackson here contacting you on behalf of Loren as he has asked me to forward you the following information regarding his time in London and the 62 Taken auditions.
    Due to unexpected script changes and crew negotiations the Casting Block of 62 Taken has been pushed back a few months (most likely October for London). However Loren will still be attending location visits during the month of August and has secured time in his schedule to continue with his popular 3 – Day Intensive Actors Master Class. The three day Master Class will be held 13th – 15th August between 8.00am – 4.00pm. We are still in the process of locking down a venue however it will be held in Central London. This is a fantastic opportunity for passionate actors who would like the opportunity to workshop with a director and extend their acting experience. The Master Class utilizes method acting as well as the process referred to as taking the scene and the character off the page. Loren has designed his Master Classes for actors of different levels and stages in life. The class is not standard and varies from student to student. This is the perfect opportunity if you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced performer. Loren ensures boundaries are pushed and goals reached. The class is an intensive and sometimes emotional journey into the mind and life of your character. A must for serious actors and performers wishing to further develop their craft. The total tuition fee for the three days (24 hours) is 440 GBP, this includes a non-refundable deposit of 120 GBP to secure your placement in the course. For further information or to secure your involvement in the Master Class please let me know soon as soon as possible as positions are limited. On your reply I will send through a full application kit.
    We look forward to your interest in the Master Class and will keep you updated on the audition status of 62 Taken in the coming months.
    Regards,
    Lisa Jackson
    Personal Assistant to
    Loren Johnson
    Director – 62 taken

JASON CRANE

yep, i had that one and complained about them,i have since recieved an email from them sayig its not a scam,neverlesss i aint got 500 to spend on someone i havnt heard of.
    the whole point was to soften you up with the audition for the film then hit you with there master classes??? for 500??
    unfortunatly there are some people who would do the course thinking it will guarantee them an audition.
    all i think is, paying 500 buys you a part in the film,thats if there is a film.

I, too, was contacted. After trying to find out more information about the ‘director’ and then what I guessed to be the company website (which said it was a film company with more information to be posted soon), I sent an email to the director with a disposable address asking for more information about the project before moving any further (how could I be sure it would even be something I’d be interested in?). I received a reply stating that I should contact the PA. I have not done so and after reading all these emails about it, I shan’t. Thanks everyone!

dee sanders

They contacted me also. I have not got as far as the second email.
    Rest assured all you people out there, as soon as fees of any description are concerned, I hit the delete button.( Been there, done that, worn the tshirt, comes to mind.)

No directing or acting credits in sight. IMDB does have a Loren Johnson – as a key grip and electrician. All in the US and not in Australia (their one page, no content website includes an Australian phone number and an email address), so I doubt that even the electrician is the one responsible for the scam.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.