Spammer targetting UKScreen voiceover artistes

Home Forums Casting Spammer targetting UKScreen voiceover artistes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Peter Stern

Your suspicions were correct. I had a very similar contact via another reputable online voice dabase. He called himself Frank McLeish and said he was based in Israel. Obviously, I couldn’t find his details anywhere but I did find he had copied the relaxation script from someone else. This person is running a 419 cheque fraud scam out of Nigeria. He offers to pay you twice your fee in advance on the basis that once the cheque has ‘cleared’ you pay him back his half. The trick being that despite the funds looking as if they have cleared, the bank discovers the cheque was fraudulent after 2 or 3 weeks and you money disappears. In the meantime you’ve paid the scammer a valid cheque. In my case he said he was going to send someone to my address to pick up the money. I certainly wasn’t having that! There is a growing number of scam baters who, on dicovering someone is trying to scam them, simply string them along making the scammers think they’re getting somewhere but without actually giving away any information. I know someone who agreed to meet a scammer at an airport with a load of cash but, of course, had no intention of turning up, leaving the scammer looking around in vain having spent money on an air ticket. It’s what they deserve!
    Be careful out there.

Linda Large

On 4th April I received a message via UKScreen from a person purporting to be Tyler Gibbs, an agent for a company called Hypno based in Israel. He was offering payment for voiceover work. I responded by email and had a short correspondence with him. As his messages were extraordinarily rude and aggressive I did an online search on his IP address and discovered that the same IP address has neen listed many times as a source of spam. I’ve concluded that this person is a spammer based in the U.S.A. Take care if you receive similar messages, it could be a con trick.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.