Storm chasing short

Home Forums Crewing Storm chasing short

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Greetings!
    I am currently devising a short production about storm chasing in the UK, (which sounds hard to believe I’m sure). I also hope to shoot a documentary at some point but this one will be a fiction project. I’m currently looking for cast and crew, but at this stage I’m merely interested to see if anyone is interested in helping.
    I am looking for actors and actresses, camera operators (DV), effects artists, set builders, computer effects artists etc. I’m willing to see who could be on board before getting the project fully underway.
    For cast; this will be a fun oppurtunity to do a lot of exterior acting. The ability to drive is preffered and if you have a car even better. It’ll involve getting rained on, or just generally wet, blown about in wind and things like that. If you have a keen interest in thunderstorms or weather, or storm chasing itself then that’s an advantage.
    For crew; it will be a good oppurtunity to try different techniques especially on set. We’ll be creating some meteorolgical effects, finding the best ways of capturing them. We’ll be creating thunderstorms (somehow!) and possibly even a tornado*. Anyone with any CGI experience is greatly welcomed to get in touch. Camera operators, make-up artists – whatever you do, get in touch if you’re interested!
    This will be a no-budget production. I simply can’t afford to fund it and have no other sources for funding. Anyone that is part of this project must agree that travel expenses, lunches etc is their own responsibility (at this stage at least).
    More information on the project and storyline of the short is available, just ask me. This is a short and won’t exceed a running time more than 30-40 minutes.
    Feel free to private message me or send me an email too;
    mark@barnettcollege.com
    I look forward to hearing from you!
    Mark
    * The project strictly focuses on weather activity that we find in the UK, though the storyline does call for it to get a little gusty at times. The UK actually has more tornadoes than the USA, though 99 of them go un-noticed or are far smaller in comparison to the twisters in America.

if you shoot anything up north, ie yorks/mancheter give me a shout.would love to help if i’m around, i’m a boom op.don’t own any sound kit but i’ve got a good set of waterproofs :.)
    and a car..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.