The future of TV launches today. Is this TV 2.0?

Home Forums General The future of TV launches today. Is this TV 2.0?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tim Clague

Hi fellow film makers.
    I’ve got a fantastic new initiative that I’m really keen to tell you about. It builds on the new distribution ideas that have been in the news recently. Being a dark horse kind of guy – its actually already been running for a couple weeks and is now ready to hit the big time. We couldn’t a lid on it anyway!
    Its called Quartz Shorts and is located here: http://365films.blogs.com/
    Its a series of mini films delivered through iTunes for viewing on your Mac, PC, video iPod, phone – whatever you choose. So its just a series of short films over the net? Wrong! A new medium like this deserves a new film format, not a rehash. So what have we done? Its best described as a documentary on the subject of love. Normal linear, one-way, old school media just can’t tackle this subject. Sure enough, it can try to answer what is love or when did you fall in love. We don’t care about these small questions. We want to look at all of love. Explore all its meanings. Just how big is it? Using all media: photos, quotes, poems and video.
    The second radical element, and the reason why I’m calling this TV2.0 is that it alters the relationship between film maker and audience. We want this to be as close as possible. The agenda is set by the audience and they say where we are going. We don’t know! Compare this approach to how films are normally marketed – all spin and slow to react to the audience. At Quartz Shorts – if you like what you see then you get to see more – the next day. No marketing, no guff, no spin. Just the film maker and audience working together. Instantly!
    Its live now on iTunes and at the website above. Click on yourself and tell your friends. It could be the future shape of TV!
    Hope you want to get involved. After all. Quartz Shorts is about ‘doing’ figures – not ‘viewing’ figures.
    See you there. The revolution will be blogged!
    Tim Clague

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.