Violinists?

Home Forums Music Violinists?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello
    I’m looking for violinists who can play classical and modern music and compose their own music too for a project.
    Please contact me on frasercoull@gmail.com if you’re interested.
    Thank you

Basically I already have a composer (Steve Dunster – http://www.steve-dunster.com) and Steve will be doing the overall score on the film but I was treated to a great violin CD called “Poison Sweet Madeira” and there was a track on it which made me think of the tournament scene in the end of my movie “The Journey” where 18 sword fighters are together, in three seperate sections, fighting out it to the death. Once you are killed, someone else gets a chance, and eventually there will be three fighters left, and then two, and then one. I’d just really like some striking energetic violin music to be composed to play during some of the tournament – that with Steve’s score would be amazing and I think it would add more dynamic to the film. Considering we’re a low budget feature film trying to raise £20,000 to shoot in June, July, August and September with no big names but with a very experienced group of people – it would be good to have as many different great things as possible to make the film stand out and not just feel like “another low budget film” – Scottish filmmaking is renowned for it’s drug-based dark dramas – when Richard Jobson broke convention and made an martial arts film (“The Purifiers”) it never saw the light of day. So I hope that “The Journey” will stand out that little bit more and show people that Scotland doesn’t just make dramas or horror films. Total respect to those who make the anti-social dramas and the horror films – I have nothing to offer those genres, but I am a person who loves my fantasy, my sci-fi, my swords, and I hope “The Journey” will show that.
    Bet you regret asking that now 😉
    So yes, willing violinists who are willing to help come up with some music to capture the feel of the story – that is what I am looking for. We’ve not got a lot of money at the moment, but I give credit where credit is due.
    Email me on frasercoull@gmail.com if you are interested
    Thank you
    – fraser

Mark Knight

Any more info? mark at madfiddler dot co dot uk

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.